Internet outages are a frustrating experience for anyone who relies on the internet for work, entertainment, and communication. Armstrong Internet, a regional internet service provider, has millions of customers across the United States, and occasional outages can occur. In this blog, we'll discuss what to do when you experience an Armstrong internet outage.
Understanding Armstrong Internet
Armstrong Internet is a regional internet service provider that offers internet, TV, and phone services in various areas across the United States. They offer different packages and plans to suit different needs, from basic internet for casual browsing to high-speed internet for online gaming and streaming.
Common Causes of Armstrong Internet Outages
There are many reasons why internet outages can occur. Here are some of the most common causes of Armstrong internet outages:
1. Network Maintenance: Armstrong Internet regularly performs network maintenance to improve network performance and reliability. During these maintenance windows, customers may experience temporary outages.
2. Weather Events: Severe weather events such as storms, hurricanes, and tornadoes can damage network infrastructure, causing internet outages.
3. Hardware or Software Issues: Problems with network hardware or software can cause internet outages.
4. Power Outages: Power outages can cause internet outages, as network equipment requires electricity to function.
What to Do When You Experience an Armstrong Internet Outage
When you experience an Armstrong internet outage, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Check for Network Maintenance: If you suspect that the outage is due to network maintenance, check Armstrong's website or social media accounts for updates.
2. Check Your Equipment: Check your modem and router to ensure they are properly connected and powered on. Try restarting both devices and see if this resolves the issue.
3. Check for Local Outages: Check with your neighbors to see if they are also experiencing an outage. If so, the issue may be a local outage affecting your area.
4. Contact Armstrong Internet: If you have tried all the above steps and are still experiencing an outage, contact Armstrong's customer support. They can help diagnose the issue and provide an estimated time for resolution.
Preventing Future Outages
While some outages are out of our control, there are steps we can take to prevent future outages.
Invest in Backup Power: Investing in a backup power supply, such as a generator or uninterruptible power supply (UPS), can help keep your network equipment running during power outages.
Perform Regular Maintenance: Regularly maintaining your network equipment, such as cleaning dust from your modem and router, can prevent hardware issues that could cause an outage.
Upgrade Your Equipment: Upgrading your modem and router to newer, more reliable models can improve network performance and reduce the likelihood of outages.